PMML is looking for a certified appraiser to act as Director, Valuation & Advisory Services.
Reporting to the president, the chartered appraiser will be responsible for consulting and valuation mandates for the real estate portfolios of his clients.
This includes the coordination and execution of real estate activities at the relational level, with a constant effort to achieve operational excellence.
Main Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a chartered appraiser for consulting services and appraisal mandates for the Greater Montreal region and the other regions of the province of Quebec (the “Territory”);
- Demonstrate leadership within the valuation team, providing technical support to the team leader, analysts and other certified appraisers;
- Prepare, write and revise accredited appraisal reports;
- Contribute to obtaining new provincial mandates in the Territory;
- Evaluate a high volume of mandates for properties traded and held by clients;
- Guarantee the success of evaluation mandates by working in collaboration with the Team Leader in the office;
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate market trends in the Territory;
- Participate in regular meetings with clients and the internal team;
- Follow up on important deadlines in mandates and ensure action is taken accordingly;
- Ensure accurately and timely invoicing of fees.
This role requires someone with excellent organizational skills who can quickly understand priorities, manage time and adapt to changing conditions along the way. PMML expects the incumbent of this position to be fully committed to ensuring the success of their services offering within the company and to meeting the highest standards of achievement. Based in our Montreal office, the Director, Valuation and Advisory Services will be called upon to be leading real estate advisor to clients (which may include real estate portfolio managers and private wealth managers).
Typical profile sought
- Member of the Order of Chartered Appraisers of Quebec (OEAQ);
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations, codes and standards related to the fields of activity and the duties of the position;
- Passionate about commercial real estate (multi-family, industrial, commercial and land) with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the industry;
- Able to handle a large volume;
- Always in solution mode with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Exemplary work ethic and positive attitude;
- Quick to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues;
- Sincerely interested in the business, agenda and needs of real estate investors and developers;
- Concentré et déterminé à obtenir des résultats dans un environnement où les activités se déroulent à un rythme rapide;
- Focused and driven to achieve results in a fast-paced environment;
- An excellent communicator in French and English;
- Available and able to travel for work, (valid driver’s license)
- Precise in your work and your methods.
Our valuation and advisory services firm is dynamic and offers a stimulating work environment focused on performance and teamwork. Driven by the desire to offer high-value-added services, our team includes real estate brokers, mortgage brokers, appraisers and a complete team of support staff. We want everyone to thrive professionally as part of a dynamic team that cares about each other as well as our customers.
What we offer
We invest in every individual. In addition to competitive compensation compared to the market, we are very proud to offer the following benefits to our employees:
- 7 offices across the province;
- Competitive salary;
- Annual compensation;
- Access to corporate events, networking and a wide circle of influence in commercial real estate.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact our team at [email protected].